About the Role: The Sound Intern supports the Production and Education Departments by setting up audio equipment for all productions, working as A1 for the Education Department’s touring TYA shows, and serving as A2 for any shows they are assigned. This intern will work with guest artists and designers in a collaborative and professional environment in both the production and education departments. The intern will gain a well-rounded theatre experience, build up touring experience, and familiarize themselves with our two performance venues (The Historic Arcade Theatre, 393 seat proscenium & The Artstage Studio Theatre, 125 seats).
About You: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Basic live sound mixing knowledge
- Applicants must be hard-working, self-motivated, and independent
- Problem-solve under pressure
About the Position: Work Hours/Salary
- 35-75 hours a week with an average of 40 hours a week
- Minimum take-home of $200 a week and eligible for overtime
- Salary is inclusive of furnished housing
- August 14, 2023 – May 31, 2024
TO APPLY: Please email a resume to Charles Clark (Production Manager) and Naomi Bates (Assistant Production Manager) at CClark@floridarep.org and email@example.com with “Stage Management Intern” in the subject line.