Front of House Manager
The Front of House Manager is a key senior staff member responsible for overseeing the smooth operations of the organization’s facilities, and managing the box office functions. This position involves strategic planning, team and volunteer management, customer service, and revenue optimization. Florida Repertory Theatre is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization operating under an annual budget of $5 million.
The broad responsibilities and duties include:
FRONT OF HOUSE
- Supervise box office, front of house staff and volunteer corps, providing training, guidance, and support to provide superior customer service to current and prospective audiences and donors. Assist in the box office during high volume hours and/or work in FOH positions to cover gaps in scheduling as needed.
- Serve as Volunteer Coordinator to the volunteer corps. Maintain volunteer directory, provide training and assistance with sign-up scheduling software. Responsible for coordinating and soliciting donations for Annual Volunteers & Group Sales Luncheon. Inspire, motivate, and lead Front of House staff and volunteer usher team to deliver a remarkable customer experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Oversee ticket sales, distribution, and will-call operations for all events, ensuring accuracy and compliance with organizational policies.
- Prepare and analyze box office reports, including sales data, attendance figures, and revenue summaries, reconciliation of cash and credit card reports.
- Setup new users on the network and provide access to appropriate resources.
- Collaborate with senior management team to implement pricing strategies, discounts, and promotional offers to maximize ticket sales and revenue. Create and implement annual box office, operations and concessions budgets. Collaborate with marketing teams to develop and execute promotional campaigns to boost ticket sales.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director & Finance Director on cash flow strategies. Provide guidance on financial questions and scenarios as proposed by the Board, Executive Director, and/or Artistic Director.
- Responsible for producing financial data as requested by the Development, Marketing, Finances and Education teams for grant application and grant disbursements.
- Act as liaison with event organizers and Group Leaders to establish Group Sales seating plans, ticket availability, and coordinate restaurant management options with partner establishments. Maintain group leader database, group attendance calendar.
- Serve as primary facilities manager for front of house issues in both normal daily operations as well as special events. Develop and implement operational policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and productivity across various departments.
- Collaborate with department heads to ensure seamless coordination between different areas of operation, such as ticketing, concessions, and event management.
- Monitor facility maintenance, security, and safety protocols to create a safe and enjoyable environment for patrons, staff, and performers.
- Manage concession vendor relationships, negotiate contracts, and oversee the procurement of necessary supplies and services and ensure compliance and appropriate record maintenance for all food safety regulations.
- Manage facilities vendor relationships, negotiate contracts, schedule maintenance, cleaning, and inspections. Coordinate with HR to ensure that employment contracts and documents for staff are completed and maintained as advised by PEO in accordance with state and federal law.
PARKING LOT MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for the efficient operation and management of the parking facilities. This includes overseeing hiring and overseeing parking lot attendants, ensuring proper utilization of parking spaces, managing attendance and on-call addressing customer concerns.
- Supervise parking attendants and staff, providing guidance and support as needed.
- Monitor and manage the parking facilities to ensure optimal space utilization.
- Implement and enforce parking policies and regulations to maintain order and safety.
- Address customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain accurate records of daily attendance, revenue, and any incidents occurring within the parking facilities.
- Collaborate with local authorities and security personnel to ensure the safety and security of the parking area.
- Implement efficient parking strategies to accommodate high volumes of vehicles during peak times.
- Prepare regular reports on parking facility usage, revenue, and customer feedback.
- Stay updated on best practices to improve parking facility management.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in Theatre Box office management or related office management experience
- Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and community members
- Knowledge of ticketing/registration/donor/event software
- Experience in theatre/customer service
- An understanding of budgeting principles
- A background in arts administration
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously is essential and attention to detail is required
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to the “Front of House Manager Search” at firstname.lastname@example.org.