About the Role: The Electrics Intern supports the lighting department by assisting with the installation, hang, focus, maintenance, and strike of lighting equipment for all productions and working as a Light Board Operator for any show that they are assigned. The intern will work collaboratively and professionally with guest artists and designers. The intern will gain a well-rounded theatre experience and will familiarize themselves with our two performance venues (The Historic Arcade Theatre, 393 seat proscenium) and our smaller space (Artstage Studio Theatre, 125 seats).
About You: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Experience with theatrical lighting systems and base knowledge of theater electrics
- Applicants must be hard-working, self-motivated, and independent
- Problem-solve under pressure
About the Position: Work Hours/Salary
- 35-75 hours a week with an average of 40 hours a week
- The minimum take-home of $200 a week and eligible for overtime
- Salary is inclusive of furnished housing
- August 14, 2023 – May 31, 2024
TO APPLY: Please email a resume to Charles Clark (Production Manager) and Naomi Bates (Assistant Production Manager) at CClark@floridarep.org and email@example.com with “Electrics Intern” in the subject line.