About the Role: The Carpentry Intern supports the carpentry department by constructing all scenic elements for all productions. In addition, they support the production department by assisting in load-in and load-outs, helping maintain a clean working environment in the production shop, and assisting in other areas as assigned. The intern will interact with guest artists and designers collaboratively and professionally. The intern will gain a well-rounded theatre experience and will familiarize themselves with our two performance venues (The Historic Arcade Theatre, 393 seat proscenium) and our smaller space (Artstage Studio Theatre, 125 seats).
About You: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Base knowledge of carpentry
- Applicants must be hard-working, self-motivated, and independent
- Problem-solve under pressure
About the Position: Work Hours/Salary
- 35-75 hours a week with an average of 40 hours a week
- Minimum take-home of $200 a week and eligible for overtime
- Salary is inclusive of furnished housing
- August 14, 2023 – May 31, 2024
TO APPLY: Please email a resume to Charles Clark (Production Manager) and Naomi Bates (Assistant Production Manager) at CClark@floridarep.org and firstname.lastname@example.org with “Carpentry Intern” in the subject line.