PRODUCTION / STAGE MANAGEMENT INTERN
Florida Repertory Theatre (www.FloridaRep.org) seeks a STAGE MANAGEMENT INTERN. Florida Rep is southwest Florida’s premiere professional theatre company on contract with AEA, USA, and SDC. The theatre is in the midst of its 21st season, and seeks an energetic and experienced stage manager looking to secure EMC points working on a wide variety of productions in two theatre venues in downtown Fort Myers.
The theatre is looking to fill this position immediately. The contract period is through May 2019.
The Production / Stage Management Intern reports to the Production Manager and works with the Technical Department Heads and AEA Production Stage Managers as necessary.
- Assist Stage Manager in running rehearsals and main-stage performances.
- Assist Stage Manger with writing up show and rehearsal reports, taking blocking notes, taping out rehearsal floor, and creating run sheets.
- Provide any and all assistance that the Stage Manager requires.
- Responsible for cleaning of and upkeep of the rehearsal space, green room and theatre.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate hospitality and first aid supplies.
- Serve as ASM/Deck Manager for assigned main-stage productions.
- Responsible for all backstage activities during assigned main-stage rehearsals and performances.
- Keep accurate records as necessary to promote consistent and professional rehearsals and performances.
- Maintain regular communication with the Stage Manager about prop needs, actor needs, and safety concerns.
- Participate in load-in and strike as needed.
- Assist in other areas of production when not in rehearsal or performance.
- Actively participate in production meetings, design meetings, and other meetings as necessary.
- Communicate regularly with the Production Manager regarding all responsibilities.
- Assist other departments as necessary to execute the technical elements of shows.
- Complete assignments, projects, and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain a professional demeanor in appearance, communication, and attitude.
- Perform other related duties and assignments, as necessary.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Production Manager, Tim Billman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.