Electrics / Sound Intern opening
“Florida Rep is committed to providing a first-class regional theatre for Southwest Florida; to creating, nurturing, and developing an ensemble of theatre professionals who will develop long-term relationships working on a wide variety of plays; to helping improve the quality of life in our community through all the arts; and to making the arts, especially theatre, accessible to all.”
Florida Repertory Theatre is seeking an additional Electrics / Sound Intern to join the production team for our 21st season. The upcoming season will include 5 Mainstage productions, 3 Educational Tours and 4 productions in our studio theatre. Shows are performed on two stages in the historic Arcade Theatre building, one of the oldest buildings in Fort Myers. The Electrics / Sound Intern will report to the Master Electrician and works with other technical departments as necessary.
- Will aid the Master Electrician and Sound Designer in the execution of designs.
- Assist with the installation, hang, focus, maintenance, and strike of lighting and sound equipment for all productions.
- Work as a Light and/or Sound Board Operator for any production that you are assigned.
- Participate in load-in and strike for all shows.
- Help to maintain, organize, and repair lighting and sound equipment.
- Assist other departments as necessary to execute the technical elements of shows.
- Actively seek out exposure to the techniques and decisions made by Department Heads to achieve production goals.
- Help to maintain clean and organized workspaces.
- Help to establish and maintain good relationships with local shops and vendors
- Complete assignments, projects, and paperwork in a timely manner.
- 11) Maintain a professional demeanor in appearance, communication, and attitude.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as necessary.
Contract runs from as soon as possible thru May 20, 2019. Compensation includes a paid weekly stipend of $175 and company provided housing. Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and references to Eli Carnahan, Master Electrician at ECarnahan@floridarep.org.