About Florida Repertory Theatre
Florida Repertory Theatre is a fully professional theatre company serving all of Southwest Florida and is now in its 20th anniversary season as an ensemble-based, artist-driven organization with an annual operating budget of approximately $4 million. Florida Rep operates on a LOA/LORT D contract with Actors Equity and works with members of both United Scenic Artists and the Society of Stage Directors & Choreographers. Performing in the Historic Arcade Theatre (a 393-seat proscenium house) and the newly renovated ArtStage Studio (a 120-seat adaptable black box), Florida Rep produces a wide variety of comedies, dramas, and musicals, and brings more than 87,000 people to the Fort Myers River District annually throughout its September to May season. In addition to its work onstage, Florida Rep operates a very active Education & Outreach Department that reaches more than 31,000 young people annually. With a growing national profile, Florida Rep is one of the most active arts organizations in the area, and holds true to its mission to “improve the quality of life in our community through all the arts,” and strives to continue to “Set the Bar High” as “One of America’s Top Repertory Companies” –The Wall Street Journal.
Florida Rep, a $4 million Nationally Recognized Theatre in the heart of Fort Myers, FL seeks experienced candidates for the position of Marketing Manager. With the help of a marketing staff of two, the next Marketing Manager will create the strategy that takes the Florida Rep’s current momentum and translates it into a plan to engage and excite new and returning patrons. Reporting to the Associate Director, the Marketing Manager serves as a member of Florida Rep’s senior leadership team and plays a leading role in the strategic planning initiatives, which currently include increasing patron loyalty and retention, growing new audiences, and supporting the Education Department. The Marketing Manager will also lead the strategy Florida Rep’s nine plays, PlayLab New Play Festival, two Educational Touring Shows, two Conservatories, Camps, Classes, and more!
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Collaborate regularly with the Associate Director and Artistic Director to ensure a clear and accurate interpretation of the organization’s vision and direction.
• Oversee the planning and implementation of all marketing, publications, and sales programs to raise earned income through single tickets and season subscriptions.
• Collaborate in the planning and implementation of all marketing and public relations.
• Shape public perception of the theatre through execution of brand identity through print communications, publications, electronic media, media relations, and public events.
• Develop and manage annual Marketing expense budget.
• Lead initiatives to achieve goals and further develop long-range audience development goals and strategies.
• Collaborate with other internal departments to improve the patrons’ experience.
• Collaborate with the Education, Development, and Production Departments to integrate organizational strategy and customer relationship management in marketing and fundraising efforts, and with the Box Office to increase sales and ensure excellent customer service.
• Excellent managerial and team building ability
• Effective communication skills
• Computer and internet proficiency (Including the Adobe Suite)
• Strategic and analytical skills
• A genuine interest in and knowledge of the theatre
• Proven organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Strong writing skills and experience in writing press releases
• Experience with TheatreManager or other similar systems
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or a related field. He or she will have proven initiative and will be a goal-oriented innovative thinker. The ideal candidate will be flexible with the ability to work independently and as part of a team and will be able to work successfully under pressure and meet deadlines and goals. Florida Rep is dedicated to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
To Apply, send cover letter, resume, and references by email: email@example.com. No Phone Calls Please.
Florida Repertory Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.